05-29-2012 07:58 AM
I had an 'app523 error' and had to upgrade my operating system. Everything working fine now except cannot send emails. I can receive however...
I have checked my email settings and my email appears to be showing.
i get the following message when trying to send an email: "No message settings configured. You will be redirected to the setup wizard" then in the setup wizard it tells me my email is already configured?
05-29-2012 09:17 AM
Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.
If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.
If not, follow these additional instructions:
2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.
3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.
5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.
Hopefully that will get things going again for you!
05-29-2012 09:52 AM
MTN has several sites for each provider in different countries as they serve many countries.
You are on MTN in what country?
Have you looked at your MTN website?
05-29-2012 10:29 AM