Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

No sound from Earpiece or speaker phone...

[ Edited ]

I have been having this issue lately and wondering if anyone has similar problem or maybe even a solution. This afternoon my phone rang I picked it up said hello and and i did not hear anything. I hung up. They call back same thing happens. I call them same thing happens...I remove the battery then install they restart and the phone seemed to work I hang up and I get another call and I can not hear the person so I have to remove the battery and restart etc....They are able to hear me but I can not hear them unless I remove the battery and restart. Oh and the phone is not on mute or anything like that....Ugghhh it is killing me!!!

PS....The volume is also on high!!

Verizon Blackberry Curve 8330

Message Edited by AlanH70 on 09-19-2008 10:52 PM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: No sound from Earpiece or speaker phone...

This is an Hardeare issue. If you have access to RIM authorised service center then you can get it fixed. Otherwise inform the issue to your carrier. Your carrier will replace with a new device if you're within the warranty period.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Ok I have the answer "Live with it"

I have made several calls to Verizon and to Blackberry and now I have found the reason to the no sound issue.

This is a known bug and they call it "one way audio". Basically it is a software issue. When you recieve an MMS with an audio file attached in the software somehow it affects the calls after. The solution at this point is to remove the battery and wait 30 seconds re-install the battery and hope you dont get another audio file sent to you again hahaa....As of today 9/25/08 per RIMM there is no software update available, and verizon will not offer any credit to your account. At least they wont offer a credit for me!!!

Visitor

I am glad to see that I am not the only one with this issue.  I have returned two Curve 8330's so far to Verizon.  They told me that this is no a common problem but it is now happening to my third one.  The explanation makes sense because I receive alot of those types of texts.  Does anyone know if they will eventually fix the problem?  Or is anything already available as of 11-05-2008?

Regular Contributor

I'm glad your battery pull solved the problem for you, but even after I do a battery pull, and then try to make a call, I still have no sound when I hold the phone to my ear unless I use the speakerphone or quickly do a Menu/Activate Handset action!