Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

No volume from callers

Hi guys,

I have reviewed the manual, the online demo, read through the message boards and still can't find the solution to no volume from anyone that calls me.  I have gone to the help button, clicked on the menu, options and then it tells me to click on general options.  I don't have that listed.  I have advanced options but nothing is in there that I can find to correct this.  People calling me can hear me when I answer but I can't hear anything.  I've tried to use speakerphone and everything else.  I know I've hit something but I don't know what.  Can someone PLEASE help me?

Thanks,

Kim

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: No volume from callers

It seems like a device software issue. Find out what version of device software(firmware) you are using. To find this out, from the Home Screen, go to Options > About. On the third line, it should be displayed as ' v4.2.2...'

Try installing a later version of the Device Software. If I'm not wrong, you can download it from your carrier's website. If the version on your Carrier's site is the same as the current version on your device, just try reinstalling. It may help. If still doesn't work, then could be hardware issue.......

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
New Contributor

My version is v4.3  Is there a newer version?  Thanks for responding! 
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I think the help meant to start off in your Phone/Call Log icon. From there display the menu and go into Options, then General Options. You can set the default call volume. Also during a call if you hit the "Volume Up" button to increase the volume it doesn't increase?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

THANK YOU!!!  I was able to correct the problem by going into the options per your suggestions.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

kimSmiley Very Happy

Highlighted

I am having the same problem.  I am on phone number two.  I had the first phone 3 weeks and had talked on it that morning.  I was just sitting on my desk not in the case.  When the phone rang I answered it and could hear no one.  This happened about 3 more times until that person called my work phone and said "What's up, I could hear you, could you not hear me?"  I even used the phone to call my work number and could not even hear is ringing in the ear speaker.  Took it back to verizon and got a replacement because it would not work for them either.  Had second phone for a week and was shopping Saturday and same thing happened.  Pulled phone out of my pocket and the little black case and could not hear the caller.  Took it to verizon and it started to work again.  Worked just fine the rest of the day.  Then last night happened again.  Removed battery and it worked.  I don't want to keep swapping out phones and changing over all my stuff if there is some fix to this.