Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Non-existent address!

I had a bunch of ringtones, which I've been using with no problems for a couple months...recopied them into my phone during a reorganization, and all of a sudden I'm now getting the error message about how the music files are protected content and can't be used as ringtones, which is weird because I have identical duplicates (I just pasted two copies in separate folders) in a different folder, and there's no problem in using that as the ringtone.

Anyways, on to the real problem. When I checked the file properties for the "protected" files, it told me that these files were stored in a Music folder that was directly under the Device root. All files stored in the built-in memory have the file path Device > user > whatever, because user is literally the only item directly under Device. These protected files, however, are stored at Device > Music, which is weird because as far as I can tell, said address does not exist.

What exactly is going on? This isn't affecting performance on my BlackBerry so it's not really much of a big deal, but I'd like to know exactly how the music is ending up at a non-existent file address, and how I can delete it, since it's quite annoying to go through a list of duplicates every time I want to set a ringtone.

Thanks Smiley Happy