Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
TwoToTango
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Tesco

Not able to receive/sent texts or calls when using wifi

My son has a Blackberry 9320. When he is using wifi at home, for watching youtube for example, the phone does not receive texts (they come through eventually when not connected to wifi) or receive telephone calls.  Is this how the phone is supposed to work or is there a way of correcting it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Not able to receive/sent texts or calls when using wifi

TwoToTango wrote:

My son has a Blackberry 9320. When he is using wifi at home, for watching youtube for example, the phone does not receive texts (they come through eventually when not connected to wifi) or receive telephone calls. 

Hi TwoToTango

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

When you son connect his device to an wifi network then be sure that he has not turned off MOBILE NETWORK .On Manage Connection . If he does so then he will not be able to receive and calls or message . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
TwoToTango
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Tesco

Thank you - if he has mobile network on at the same time as wifi will that not use his data allowance?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi TwoToTango

I assume on your Curve you have OS 7.1 .then On Manage Connection if we turn on both Mobile Network and WIfi , and if you're already connected to a Saved wifi or any wifi network  then our Browser will always first prefer the wifi network for any data transfer. But most user don't want to take a chance of using there Mobile data  so they just turn off the mobile network .Infact its a good thing as  it assures us that we are not  using data through our Carrier . But the demerit is that  when we do so we will not be able to call or recieve SMS .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.