Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

coolitsme
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: Airtel

Not able to register blackberry on network provider- Airtel

Hi,

I changed my phone from iphone to blackberry Curve 9220. I am using Airtel postpaid plan for data. Not, I am able to see edge in blackberry but I guess if it is not caps (EDGE), it means service provider is not registering it.

As checked in various forums, I did follow KB00510-  to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network.

I also tried to follow KB05000 but couldn't becuase I was never able to set any Internet service e-mail account. I also tried following KB02830  - sending the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service but couldn't because I don't see an option of choosing Internet mail account. When i click setup-> email accounts, it automatically takes me to enterprise account. I also tried doing it from provider's website (airtel.blackberry.com) but the dialogue box asked me repeat the step of registering at Host routing table, which i already did earlier.

I rebooted multiple times with no luck. No clue, what do do. Any help?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Not able to register blackberry on network provider- Airtel

Hi coolitsme

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you activated BlackBerry Data Plan on your Post paid account ? A normal post paid account will not provide BlackBerry Services . On your Homescreen Go to manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = ? what is the status.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.