Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
meallanie
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: sun cellular

Not able to use my BBM, Facebook, Mail, Twitter using a wifi network

How can i use applications like FB, BBM, Mail, Twitter using wifi network? When i open the facebook application it shows like this "You are currently on a service plan that does not support this application, Please connect to a wifi network or contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan." Im already connected to a wifi network and i can already browse internet and youtube application but cant connect to FB,BBM & mail. Please help.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Not able to use my BBM, Facebook, Mail, Twitter using a wifi network

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Many things are actually services that are enabled by subscription to an adequate data plan from your carrier. Even if you only want to use these services via WiFi, they still require you to subscribe to an adequate data plan in order enable them. This is because many of these services utilize the "private" BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) network (servers, etc.) rather than "pure Internet".

What you need to do is talk to your mobile service provider about subscribing to, from them, a data plan that is adequate to enable the services you desire. If you do not choose to subscribe, then you will need to find alternate methods (e.g., the FaceBook mobile site from your browser, webmail from your email provider, etc. -- but not BBM nor native email via the Messages app...those for sure require a proper data plan subscription, and there are no alternatives)

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meallanie
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: sun cellular

Re: Not able to use my BBM, Facebook, Mail, Twitter using a wifi network

Ok sir. thanks a lot..