Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Not getting e-mails

I just got my Curve 8310 replaced and I'm now setting it up to catch selected e-mails from my computer for the first time.  I linked to my Bellsouth e-mail account successfully, it said, but no e-mails are coming through.  I have sent test e-mails that should have gone through the filters I set up, but nothing.  I don't even know where e-mails are supposed to show up on the BB.  What have I done wrong?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Not getting e-mails

Check the below steps to integarte your email ID in BlackBerry -

1. Go to Email Settings icon on your device
  2. Login using using the user name and password (if already set by you)
  3. Under Services click on Email Account
  4. Click on Add An Email Account to integrate any POP or IMAP enable email (i.e.. gamil, hotmial, ISP mail etc)
  5. To create BlackBerry.net ID click on Create A BlackBerry Email Address
  6. Type your preferred User Name and enter your Password for that ID

After every successful email integration you'll receive an confirmation email from Activation Server. That's it!! You're done with BIS email ID integration.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Not getting e-mails

Thanks for the advice, but this one actually turned out to be an AT&T problem.  It seems that they had mistakely left me on the same "data plan" that I had when I had an HP 6515 PDA, a plan which they say will not work with a BlackBerry.  So, I'm glad I broke down and called them.  If I hadn't, I could've spent the rest of my life trying to figure this one out!  But that's all it took, and I'm now happily sending and receiving e-mails.  Thanks again for trying to help.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: can any help me pls

Good to know that issue has been resolved. BlackBerry device requires separate data plan other then Internet data plan.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit