Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Captainkoi
Accepted Solution

Not happy with media manager software

I have loaded the software from the disc that came with the phone, and it didn't work.

Went to this website for updates, downloaded two other versions...

didn't work, locks up and is forced to close..do I want to send an error report NO!!!!

I want my $300 dollar purchase to work right the first time!!!

Is it too much to ask???

So after a few hours of trying to put a couple tunes on this stupid device and searching all over this RIM website for a solution, the only contact option I have without shelling out another several hundred for service is to come to this forum!

I got this phone instead of an I phone because I had hoped all the bugs were worked out. I bill at $100 per hour, at this rate I should have 2 years of free service but I can't even get hold of a company rep...no wonder RIM stocks are dropping like a stone!!!

Customer service starts with selling products that do what they are supposed to. The purchaser should not have to be Microsoft certified just to get the stupid thing to work!!! And they should not rely on the kindness of customers to help other lost customers..just make the @$!!%&@!! thing work!

It goes back tomorrow and I'm getting the Iphone! And I hope it doesn't suck this bad!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Not happy with media manager software

Hi,

Was that rhetorical or would you like some help with your media problems?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Captainkoi

If there is a simple fix that would be nice, I wish there was a company rep to vent to.

I would appreciate a resolution, but am I right in expecting these steps?

1. buy phone and have store dude get the basics working
  2. Open the user guide and start entering info
  3. load CD manager into computer
  4. make things go!
  5. done, get back to Mike Phelps reruns!?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Just to fill you in I am a user just like you. The people here all help each other.

According to your post you have searched this site for solutions. I take it then that you have noticed the Media Manager is not well received.

Blackberry has a new product that has proven stable. I have used it since it came out.  I will leave a link on the bottom of the page describing it. It's called Media Sync, I would try it before you give up.

In your searches have you found where the software downloads are? The grey tab at the top of the page is where you can download this software.

Here is the specs for Media Sync. I will edit this post and leave a link for the download location. I have set this thread to email me when someone posts. Either I or other users will assist you when you need it.

I know you are frustrated but please deal with the people here fairly.

Thanks,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15645&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Here is the link to demo and download, if you care to:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

Please let us know if you need more assistance,

Thanks,

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-31-2008 01:56 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Captainkoi

Thanks for the link,

I know everyone here is trying to help and in many cases succeeding...

(know that I'm a "little" tounge in cheek on the following)

I just think any company should be ashamed of relying on the skills and goodwill of people outside of their own customer support staff to solve problems. A customer should not need to search for hours through technical support pages trying to get equipment to work. If they don't fix this problem soon, they will find themselves unemployed as soon as a more user friendly service arrives. (Did someone say I-Phone??)

If I was their chairman of the board, heads would roll. My number one job as president of my company is to ensure every customer is helped as quickly as possible and gets the best solution to their problem. I had to challenge the vice president of one of the companies we represent about timely delivery of services in his department and my recomendation to the president and him was...get it together or get out!

Thanks for your help "goucho", i'll let you know if the link helped :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Sir,

Please put aside the rhethoirc or better yet, put it in a letter to RIMM.

As a member of this forum for less than an hour, your comments here are less than warranted.

Let's focus on your problem, with the software, not with the company.

Please let us know if we can help you with installing or operating media sync.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
PhilS

I'm kind of an electronics junky.  Have a lot of high tech gadgets, including various computers, DVD players, phones, etc.  In my experience, it is a practical necessity to consult a forum like this one for everyone of these devices to resolve all but the most basic problems.  With the state of technology today, all of these devices are complicated, they offer a lot of features, they routinely have issues with software integration, and to keep prices reasonable, it's difficult for a company to provide a staff of people who can provide the vast amount of knowledge and user-based practical solutions that are availalbe on forums like this one.  (Although my experiences with BB customer support so far have been way above average.)

In any event, while I understand your frustration on having some problems with your BB out of the box, your experience is not unique to a BB device.  Just give this forum a chance to see if your problems can be solved.  Yes, there is a little bit of a learning curve with any device like this, but I've had mine for a week and absolutely love it.  So hang in there.  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I would just like to add that... RIM is into Blackberry devices, Blackberry technologies, and supporting standards like soon AJAX stuff for browsers. There is also mp3 and video in new features.

There is also a Desktop Manager that works (usually) quite fine.

A third party tool was developed by Roxio, and that tool was included for those who want to the Desktop Manager installation. It is not required for Blackberry use. It's a shame that the tool was not properly packaged, but all in all, what RIM develops, has good quality. It is not the case of the Roxio Manager.

(I don't know if it's the case of the Blackberry Media Sync).

If you go on http://mobile.Blackberry.com/ you'll see some wallpapers to grab, designed by people at blackberry, and also a link to a commercial website, bplay.com that sells wallpapers. Those are okay but there is no real reason for charging for them. Once again, it's something about RIM's partners, but it's not RIM.

I don't really see the point of complaining to RIM about a tool that is not required to use a Blackberry device. You can always complain that RIM should make a program to do all that the Roxio Manager does but then... you could also accuse RIM of not creating an address book editor, a Desktop Calendar or anything else.... In my humble opinion, Blackberry is about synchronization and reconciliation. You have your tools on desktop to deal with things, and they are compatible with the Blackberry technologies.

Meaning you just have to get a tool (free of charge if you want) to :
create your themes
create ringtones
rip DVDs
rip audio CDs
convert your files into a file that a Blackberry can read
organize your mails
tidy your address book
schedule your life

In that regards, the Media Manager is just something you can use if you (really) want to.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Captainkoi

Problem Solved...

Had vendor fix the difficulty with no memory card

I can now get it to work and it was my ignorance and stupidity.

I do wish we all rode horses and rowed our boats.

When the oar broke, you knew why you were going in a circle

thanks all bye bye:robotvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Good to hear you got it working!

Please let us know if we can help you on any other issues.

Thanks,

Please use plain text.