Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
yrv_2002
My Device: Blckberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile / EE

Not turning on when SimCard is incerted

Hi,

This phone is not new but it is new to me .

The phone is the Blackberry Curve 8520

Now I have not got any instructions or box etc.

Ok this is what I have done I put the phone on charge for a couple of hours so that the battery was fully charged ok then I turned off the phone and took the back off took the battery out and put my Sim card in then replaced the battery and the back of the phone.

Now I know that the phone should turn it's self on once the battery is installed but I get nothing no led at the top of phone.

I I took the back off and the battery remove my sim card put the battery back in and the phone started.

It then obviously says no sim so again I tuned the phone off took the battery out put my sim in and the battery back in and nothing it does not turn on.

Am I doing some thing wrong..

Thanks for any help that you give this old fool
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Not turning on when SimCard is incerted

I've not heard of this problem before. So, it works with the sim out but not with the sim in? Have you tried plugging into the charger after inserting the sim and the battery?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yrv_2002
My Device: Blckberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile / EE

Re: Not turning on when SimCard is incerted

Hi,I have tried it after inserting the SIM card and the battery but get the same problem.
Please use plain text.