Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Matt7x5
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Notification Icon Problem

I have a notification icon showing that I cannot get rid of. When I first looked it took me to a message about an app I deleted the message but the notification is still showing. Can anyone help with this?

Matt

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Notification Icon Problem

Hi Matt7x5

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Open your Main message box , Highlight any date say today then press the menu key > Click on Mark Prior Read . Finally  Perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , after reboot see if you are able to get rid of that Notification icon.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Matt7x5

Hi sorry I forgot to put that I had deleted the message & done the reboot as you said but when it boots up The notification icon is still there & the message reappears. Thanks in advance for any help

Matt

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Matt7x5

If you already done a battery pull then Open your Main Message box > Press the menu Key > View Folder > You have to check each Inbox for any unread message, Also Check any Saved Messages.

Also If already rebooted , then try the same again but remove your SIM card also this time and wait for atleast one or two min. before inserting the battery back on your device.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Matt7x5

Hi thanks for your help. I tried everything as you said but it still kept coming back, however I did have another app from the same author so i deleted that & after the phone rebooted the notification had gone. Not sure if it was that causing the problem or not but its gone now. Thanks

Matt

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Matt7x5

Then its an advertisment from any free third party application that you have installed on your device,If you already deleted that particular or similar application then I think it will go away , If it reappears then you may have to delete any other free apps that have on your device.I think you can figure that out :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.