Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
basowel
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Nowhere to set SMS Text Alerts

Just recently upgraded to a BlackBerry Curve 9300. I am having trouble finding where to set the Alerts for the SMS text messages coming in. On my old BlackBerry I had a setting on my profiles which allowed me to set an Alert for SMS text messages. One the new Curve all the SMS text messages come in the same folder as my emails.

Can someone please help me. Please let me know where to adjust the audible settings for incoming text messages (right now all I get is a red LED flash).

Appreciate it

Please use plain text.
Molinamariela
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Boost

Re: Nowhere to set SMS Text Alerts

i have the same problem...do you know if i reboot my phone will it be the way i first bought it?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

Molinamariela wrote:

i have the same problem...do you know if i reboot my phone will it be the way i first bought it?

Rebooting preferably by removing the battery when powered-on, every so often is a good way to reset the device but not to the out-of-the-box state, it will still have your settings and apps, messages, emails etc.

If you want to return to the out-of-the-box state you will need to wipe it and reinstall the operating system.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hi

basowel wrote:

Just recently upgraded to a BlackBerry Curve 9300. I am having trouble finding where to set the Alerts for the SMS text messages coming in. On my old BlackBerry I had a setting on my profiles which allowed me to set an Alert for SMS text messages. One the new Curve all the SMS text messages come in the same folder as my emails.

Can someone please help me. Please let me know where to adjust the audible settings for incoming text messages (right now all I get is a red LED flash).

Appreciate it

Messages > Options > Inbox Settings allows you to chooose which type of messages go into that general message folder,

That said, if your on OS 6, it may be slightly different. Heres a link to OS  including a demo and support

http://uk.blackberry.com/services/blackberry6/

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
basowel
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

I have blasted my BlackBerry and reconnected back the the BES. I did not restore an archive from my Desktop Manager this time and my SMS Text Icon came back as well as my ability to set alerts for the SMS texts

Please use plain text.