Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lostinlimbo
My Device: curve 3880

OMG HELP!! CONTACTS MISSING (after prompted "wireless update")

a few months ago i was promted to do a 'wireless update', and a new 'wireless update' icon appeared on my menu.  i ignored it until yesterday and decided it couldnt hurt to 'update' something...... WRONG.... after the 2 hour or so 'updating' looked like everything was pretty reset, all my icons in different locations, homescreen was default.  I also noticed that NONE of my address book contacts were there.  BBM contacts were, but no address book... ive searched the internet for solutions and have found none, nor have i even found any of this same issue....

If this 'update' deletes all contacts for some reason... shouldnt that be made pretty clear before allowing you to 'update'??? PoFS.... HELP PLEASE or i'll be short a 'smart' phone by the end of the week!! thanks!!

Sprint carrier

curve 8330m

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch

Re: OMG HELP!! CONTACTS MISSING (after prompted "wireless update")

It should have brought back your contacts.  I've done several wireless updates and never had a problem - however I ALWAYS do a wired backup prior to starting that.....just in case.

Are you sure that your address book isn't filtered by a category or something?

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lostinlimbo

Hi, and thank you for the response.  I know now that i should have done a back-up... too little too late, as they say.... But i am sure now, after checking, that there are no filters set for the address book.  Under my 'recent calls' list, for the calls that were made prior to the update, it still shows the names of my contacts (with numbers), and will call them from that list.. but still no address book entries, and as i checked the "number of entries" in the options menu for the address book, it states there are "0".  and also still shows exceptions for the ring tones under those names..... "BRILLIANT" is all i can think of right now... so much for 'smart'phone....

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch

Are you by any chance using gmail for your email account, and have the contacts sync turned on?

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lostinlimbo

i have gmail, and a yahoo account on the phone, neither of which asked me anything about syncing when i put them on phone, and i see no options in the gmail menu to do so.

Please use plain text.
dshoo77
My Device: Curve

I am not Blackberry (or technology) savy.  I have a curve (not sure which model number) and have had the exact same problem.  I have the same symptoms as the poster.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
dshoo77
My Device: Curve

I also work from a mac if this matters at all.... I have DM but haven't done an update that recently.  My notes (the yellow sticky-note application thinger) were also wiped clear.

Please use plain text.