Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OS 4.5 screwed up my Curve!

Bear with me...

Ok, so I have the Curve 8320 from T-Mobile. Ever since I upgraded from OS 4.2 to OS 4.5, my Curve has been screwed up! I have contact T-Mobile multiple times on this and they've sent me 2 replacement phones - and I am still having the same issue. They say it's not a "known issue" with OS 4.5, but if anyone can help me with any or all of these issues, or anyone can relate, please help!

Issues (since I upgraded to OS 4.5):

1. My File Total number is gone (Under Options > Status , it used to show File Total and File Free - now it just shows File free)

2. I have no more preloaded wallpapers

3. I cannot save pictures that I take on my camera anymore. I get a 'File system full' message. Also, I cannot move pictures into a created folder. I do not have a lot of pictures, nor ringtones, so I don't think it's because my memory is full? If that's the case, do I need to buy a bigger memory chip or something?

4. I cannot download ringtones anymore from my favorite free ringtones site. My downloaded ringtones do not show up on my ringtones list anymore

Ok, now the 2 major issues:

5. The manage internet email icon screws up my Browser icon. I have my Browser homepage set to Google. I click on the Manage internet email icon, let's say, to add a new email address. Now,when I go to my Browser icon, it takes me to the last page I was on under the Manage internet email - not to Google. If I click 'homepage', it now takes me to t-zones homepage - even if I change my default homepage to google again. Grrr..

6. My trackball and keyboard sometimes lights up and sometimes doesn't light up. It sometimes goes dark in the middle of texting or something. Sometimes I start texting or browsing around my phone while the trackball and keyboard are dark, and all of a sudden - it lights up. At first I was thinking there was some kind of sensor in the Service light, but it shouldn't magically light up or turn off in the middle of me playing around with my phone. 

This is the reason why T-Mobile has sent me 2 replacement phones. They don't know why this is happening. I think it has to do with the OS 4.5, but they say it's not a "known issue" and it shouldn't be doing that.

Can anyone help at all? Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: OS 4.5 screwed up my Curve!

jw3402 wrote:

Bear with me...

Ok, so I have the Curve 8320 from T-Mobile. Ever since I upgraded from OS 4.2 to OS 4.5, my Curve has been screwed up! I have contact T-Mobile multiple times on this and they've sent me 2 replacement phones - and I am still having the same issue. They say it's not a "known issue" with OS 4.5, but if anyone can help me with any or all of these issues, or anyone can relate, please help!

Issues (since I upgraded to OS 4.5):

1. My File Total number is gone (Under Options > Status , it used to show File Total and File Free - now it just shows File free)

2. I have no more preloaded wallpapers

3. I cannot save pictures that I take on my camera anymore. I get a 'File system full' message. Also, I cannot move pictures into a created folder. I do not have a lot of pictures, nor ringtones, so I don't think it's because my memory is full? If that's the case, do I need to buy a bigger memory chip or something?

4. I cannot download ringtones anymore from my favorite free ringtones site. My downloaded ringtones do not show up on my ringtones list anymore

Ok, now the 2 major issues:

5. The manage internet email icon screws up my Browser icon. I have my Browser homepage set to Google. I click on the Manage internet email icon, let's say, to add a new email address. Now,when I go to my Browser icon, it takes me to the last page I was on under the Manage internet email - not to Google. If I click 'homepage', it now takes me to t-zones homepage - even if I change my default homepage to google again. Grrr..

6. My trackball and keyboard sometimes lights up and sometimes doesn't light up. It sometimes goes dark in the middle of texting or something. Sometimes I start texting or browsing around my phone while the trackball and keyboard are dark, and all of a sudden - it lights up. At first I was thinking there was some kind of sensor in the Service light, but it shouldn't magically light up or turn off in the middle of me playing around with my phone. 

This is the reason why T-Mobile has sent me 2 replacement phones. They don't know why this is happening. I think it has to do with the OS 4.5, but they say it's not a "known issue" and it shouldn't be doing that.

Can anyone help at all? Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

I have the same problems as you on #2 and #3. I haven't tried some of the other things you mentioned. But my phone is totally boned. I haven't found a solution to this yet. Info is hard to find on this problem. I'm thinking about ditching this 8320.

New Contributor

Re: OS 4.5 screwed up my Curve!

Brainderailment wrote:

jw3402 wrote:

I have the same problems as you on #2 and #3. I haven't tried some of the other things you mentioned. But my phone is totally boned. I haven't found a solution to this yet. Info is hard to find on this problem. I'm thinking about ditching this 8320.

I had problem #3, camera reports "file system full", and found the solution at:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/135778-enable-mass-storage-mode...