Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

sonialbarlow
My Device: Curve 9300

OS 6 Issues

Downloaded OS 6 yesterday.  Now I have two major issues.  First I am losing applications from the tray.  First, my calendar disappeared.  Now I have gotten the calendar back and my Contacts disappeared.  Neither is acceptable.

Turned off the phone and restarted it.  Now I have no trackball.  My provider is Verizon and the new iPhone is looking better every moment.

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor
Sudeep
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: OS 6 Issues

First: OS 6 is different from OS 5 in many ways.

There are multiple tray here like ALL, Frequent,Dwnlds,Favs etc.

So please be specific as to which tray you are in and what do you mean by "loosing applications".

Second: "I have no track ball"

Track ball is a hardware input device which doesnot feature in Curve 9300 3G.

It used to be a part of older BB models. If you mean to say that you cant find your cursor, its a different issue altogether.. so Again, Please be specific.

Last: If you like iPhone, more than your BB, please go ahead and use it. No one is stopping you.

There is nothing that BB community can do about it!!

Good Luck!!

excom
My Device: curve 9300

hi, i just ugread my curve 9300 3g to new os 6, my probleum is:

# Facebook cannot log in 

# Twetter cannot log in

# Gps to slow to download> before gps is good using old os.

please help me .  I love new os but i also love my FB , twetter dan gps.

zabealo
My Device: Curve 3G

I downloaded OS6 on my 3 month old Curve 3G. I was really happy with it for 3 days, then I was inundated with updates (which constantly needed me to restart the handset) bearing in mind I only had a handful of 3rd party apps.

It then told me that twitter needed updating, I clicked 'ok' and it started normally, It asked me if I wanted to reboot. I accepted and only for it to switch on, fill the process bar on the booting up screen but never go any further than that.

Whilst I waited in the repair shop for 2 hours around 5 people with bolds and curves all came in with similar OS 6 based complaints although mine was the most serious.... I am not sure if it is a common thing globally or just in Dubai... 

I lost the majority of my contacts all my mail and apps and spent 3 days trying to get the thing back on line (not even a system restore from my computer jumpstarted the thing. I downloaded the OS upgrade from the appstore in the UAE using Etisalat as a carrier. I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I want my curve back!