If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
nachtfrost
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: E-Plus (Germany)

OS 6 for Curve 9300

Hi, Mobilicity has released OS 6 for the Curve 3G.

You can download it even if Mobilicity is not your provider.

Has anyone tried and succeded in installing it? I just tried several times and always failed.

Read my comment to know, which problems I solved and which I couldn't.

http://www.berryreporter.com/2011/01/14/mobilicity-blackberry-bold-9700-and-curve-3g-get-official-os...

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,871
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: OS 6 for Curve 9300

A couple things wrong here... one, that link you posted in on BerryReporter, was for a 9700 operating system release, NOT for the 9300, which you said you have.

Which do you have?

If you have a 9300, here is 6.0.0.380 for the 9300, officially released by Starhub.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=5807A685D1A9AB3B599035BC566CE2B9

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nachtfrost

Thanks for your answer!

The link I postet is for both, 9700 and 9300.

I tried to install the .exe from Mobilicity and the installation didn't work so i got stuck at point 1. of your explanaiton (thanks therefor btw :smileywink: ).

I will have try with the starhub version, though.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rangus
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I've tried both starhub and mobilicity downloads and i must be doing something wrong. when it tries to load os 6 the screen is white and everything looks like gibberish, no access to option, cursor, anything. has anyone else encountered this? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nachtfrost

[ Edited ]

I just succesfully installed the OS on my PC :smileyhappy:

Solution for my Problem (see above):

As long as there was something wrong with the registry entries of the Desktop Manager I uninstalled it an then OS-setup worked fine.

Now I will try to get this OS to my phone :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nachtfrost

Well ^^, when I run Loader.exe it only shows me a list of my installed apps, where I can choose do delete or add any apps but it doesn't say anything about OS6...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rangus
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

For those of you that are on T-Mobile like myself and get a white background with gibberish looking icons, you need to do the following: 

Delete the two net_rim_theme_tmobile* cod files from your blackberry with BSAK(you can google this app) or remove them from the java folder on your PC and reload the OS. 

After multiple tries and much frustration I cam across this little tip and worked like a charm. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Gester24
My Device: T-mobile Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Mobilicity

When i enter the modify CODs using BBsak all i see are Net_rim_theme_blackberry6_320x240_b and Net_rim_theme_tmobile_precision_320x240_... Which one do i remove to fix the white screen gibberish problem? Thanks 

Please use plain text.
almsket
My Device: curve
My Carrier: 9300

مشكوووووووور شكرااا جزيلا

Please use plain text.