Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Jasbir123
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

OS 7.1 update for 9360

Is there any possible update of 9360 available? As when ever I try to update using Desktop Software it tells me that no update is available and my Phone is still using 7.0 version is there any way to update?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: OS 7.1 update for 9360

Jasbir123 wrote:
Is there any possible update of 9360 available? As when ever I try to update using Desktop Software it tells me that no update is available and my Phone is still using 7.0 version is there any way to update?

Hi Jasbir123,

You have to force it. :smileyhappy:

Follow this steps.

You will need a PC, an internet connection, your BlackBerry Device and your device usb cable to implement all this.

This is how i upgrade my BlackBerry and ill make this simple and straight forward as possible.

1. Uninstall first any BlackBerry software that you previously installed on your PC, as it may and will conflict with the guide

2. Download your specific and latest BlackBerry device OS here or any other official BlackBerry software download page and install it.

3. Download BlackBerry Desktop Manager and install it.

Note: If the OS that you are downloading is from your official carrier, skip step 4, if you got it from other carriers – read on brother.

4. Change your folders option to show hidden files/folders (Click My Computer > Organize > Folder and search options > View tab > click "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, else

You can look for the two vendor.xml manually thru

- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader)

- On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username) – On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (If you are running 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe. Follow the wizard and let it take your BlackBerry device into pure awesomeness.

6. That's it.

If all else fails, fire-up up the Desktop Manager and look for the update button (if it didn't pop-up)

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jasbir123

My Carrier is different its airtel India and this seem something from Norway is it safe to do?

Will it will change some operating setting? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Jasbir123 wrote:

My Carrier is different its airtel India and this seem something from Norway is it safe to do?

Will it will change some operating setting? 

It's safe to run other OS on your BlackBerry. Mine, my carier is Globe (Philippines), I upgrade my OS from Mobilicity carrier and my BlackBerry run smooth with no problems. If you are thinking negative things and thinking if problem will exist when installing it, then stay on your original OS. :smileyhappy:

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jasbir123

Well there is no official release of this version yet?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
iansantos

Jasbir123 wrote:
Well there is no official release of this version yet?

Look at this site. Find your carrier.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jasbir123

Thanks for the help :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
senamduodu
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN Ghana

Are there any other links to download this software update?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

senamduodu wrote:

Are there any other links to download this software update?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Scroll up...just 2 posts above yours is the link for the official download portal. You will have to dig through that to see if what you desire exists.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
thecybershocker
My Carrier: 447593980873

Thank you, worked perfectly!
Please use plain text.