04-28-2011 06:21 PM
This what I did to completely wipe my BB. I wrote this before starting and printed it off.
If your device is functioning, perform a backup now if you haven't already done so saving the file to a place and in a name that you can easily locate on computer.
I then uninstalled DTM and then deleted all other references to BB/Rim in Windows Explorer thus removing the OS for the BB from the computer in order to ensure that the version I would reinstall would be a brand new downloaded version.
Get the latest Desk Top Software (DTS)
and install it on the computer.
Get the correct latest version of the OS
and save it to computer.
To erase all the data on your BlackBerry device, complete the following steps.
1) Download JL_Cmder from http://www.4shared.com/get/oqP9V-2Q/JL_Cmder_v19.h
2) Install JL_Cmder to computer.
3) Double check you have already backed-up the BB. If you DO NOT, you will lose ALL data.
4) Make sure the DTS is closed and plug in the BB to computer via USB
5) Go to the JL_Cmder on your computer and double click it to start. Now,this may take a few tries to connect, so keep trying until it does.
6) On the first screen, Press any key to continue.
7) Now, if your device uses a password, enter it now. If not, press "N"
8) Press 4 to initiate the WIPE
9) Press "Y" to continue
10) Now type "blackberry" to continue
11) On the BB you will see a white screen with a'507' Error. Don't worry, this is what you want! You are now ready to install the OS.
Launch the new Desk Top Software on the computer
1). On the home screen of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Device > Update my device.
2). Click View Other Versions. Click the version of the new OS you previously downloaded.
3). Click Install. The DTM will install the OS and then provide you with a list of applications to install. If you have had difficulties with an app, do not install it.
Do not disconnect the device until the whole process is completed and the device has rebooted.
After 10 minutes reboot again by removing the battery whilst powered-on and leave it out for a couple of minutes.
Leave it again for 10 minutes. You should now have a fully functioning BB!
04-29-2011 02:40 AM
Went through the link which you gave me for downloading the Device OS. Under that have options like Africa,Asia Pacific,Europe,Latin America etc
Am from India,so under Asia Pacific say for eg if i am selecting Idea and installing the software in my Device .In that case i just want to know whether my Device can be used for other service providers like Vodafone and airtel also Or it works with the Idea Service Provider alone.
04-29-2011 08:07 AM
You can download the OS you require from any carrier on the list BUT before attempting to install it, you will need to use Windows Exployer to find the OS you downloaded, go in to it and delete the vendor.xml file. Ater that, continue with the instructions above.