Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Bouygues

OS curve 8520

Hye, I've a Curve 8520 with an OS 4 and I would like to change in OS 5. Do you know if it's possible and how ?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: OS curve 8520

Hi SERGEROUXEL

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you wish to update your Curve 8520 to OS 5 then you can do it ! You can use desktop software for this update process or perform a manual update . To do that follow those instructions :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I've tested your advices. So I've a message when I try the release from v4 to v5 :

[Cette mise à jour de Blackberry comprend de nouvelles fonctionnalités..., elle est uniquement disponible pour les utilisateurs disposant d'un abonnement Blackberry...]

I cannot go to the next step. My curve has been unblocked from Orange, to be connected with Bouygues, and now with Free.

Thx

Elite II

SERGEROUXEL wrote:

[Cette mise à jour de Blackberry comprend de nouvelles fonctionnalités..., elle est uniquement disponible pour les utilisateurs disposant d'un abonnement Blackberry...]

Hi there ,

The message indicates that you don't have sufficient data plan from your Current Carrier , Can you confirm if you have it in your account ? Or are you able to use BlackBerry applications like BBM , email services etc .. ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I do not have it. I would like to. With this mobile, I don't use bbm or email services, but I can if it's necessary. I don't know really how to use it.

Can you explain me ?

Thx 

Highlighted
Elite II

Hi there ,

Those OS updates are released by our respective Carriers , without having any BlackBerry Data Plan / BIS on our account our carrir will never push those update to us .

Yes , If you wish then you can activate it very easily in your account , all you have to do is call or contact your present Carrier and let them activate specific BlackBerry data  plan also known as BIS . After activating such data plan you'll be able to use all BlackBerry application like BBM , email etc over your mobile network as well as over wifi . 

So, call your carrier and activate BIS in your account which will resolve your current issue with updating also !

let us know if you still have any problem or questions.