Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
JasonHDD
My Device: Curve 8310

OS problem w/Curve

Ok, my wife just bought a new but slightly used 8310. Upon looking into the phone, I noticed somebody's messed with the OS. It has themes from Rogers, telefonica, t-mo, etc, etc.. It also has BB Maps, wich AT&T does not allow. Doesn't have a password keeper, etc.etc.

My question is, how do I go about putting the Original OS onto the phone? I don't want to mess anything up. I would like to keep her 3rd party apps we d/l'd before I noticed this, but if they have to go then they have to go. ANY &ALL help is greatly appreciated!!

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
diaz1023
My Device: ATT BOLD 9700

Re: OS problem w/Curve

i believe you are going to need to download the device OS from the service provider, once installed, you should be able to go to the apploader and it should keep the stuff you want and remove the unwanted stuff
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
Writer
My Device: Torch 9810 - AT&T

Re: OS problem w/Curve

There is another way. BUT  PLEASE check it out BEFORE with AT&T or BB.

GO to Options...Then click on Security Options....the click on General Settings....Next, press your menu button(BB Logo) and another menu pops up  There is a listing for Wipe Handheld.   Click on this and it will ask you if you are sure.. and I think it will also ask if you want to delete any 3rd party apps. 

After that re-boot and the unit should be the way BB first sent it out...You will have to set date and time and Email set ups as well.

AGAIN, please check with your provider AT&T and/or BB to make sure this will work for your Curve.

(I did it for my pearl, as I was sending it back to BB...and it worked !)

Let me know'

Good Luck!

Writer~

Thanks,

Writer~
Please use plain text.