Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
fishcad
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Odd (and new) sync behavior

When attempting to sync my BB Curve with Outlook today I had two problems that I haven't seen before.  I'm using Desktop software 6.1.0.20.  I have several entries where husband and wife are entered in Outlook as "Jim & Betty Smith" and filed as "Smith, Jim & Betty." Previously BBDT has synced fine with the device and the entries are on the device as "Smith, Jim & Betty."  Just today BBDT wants to sync these to the device as Last name - "Smith", First name - "Jim", Middle name "&".  Another problem I have not had previously is with appointments that were deleted in Outlook.  BBDT now wants to copy those back from the device to Outlook.  It won't let me choose which appointments to sync - it's all or nothing.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Odd (and new) sync behavior

Hey Fishcad,

Do you have more than one contact list on the BlackBerry smartphone? Go into  contacts options and here you'll see contact lists. If you do have more than one contact list check your default contacts list, from the home screen select Options > Advanced Options > Default services, is the correct contact list selected? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.