Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
headexpl0dy
My Device: Not Specified

Oh no, App Error 523

I've recently changed my firmware to 4.5 and like an **bleep** I tried using a theme that's not supported with the new firmware and got the App Error 523 blues :smileysad: The problem is that my desktop software won't let me erase the theme because it's the current theme for the BB (I'm guessing) and it won't let me do a master reset. I've heard about JL_Cmder but I can't get it downloaded and don't even know if I should use it since this is my work phone. Worse is that since it's my work phone, I have it password protected, I can connect it to the desktop manager just fine and have almost everything backed up already but can't backup again or deleat anything. Any idea how I can get my BB back to normal?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Oh no, App Error 523

Hi and welcome to the forums!

That would be the Rock and the Hard spot. I would own it and see if the IT dept

can get a policy to it. Otherwise you'll have to wipe it and reload. You said it wouldn't

let you do a hard reset, that is a battery pull. Have you tried it?

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.

Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed. 

Let me know what you want to do and I'll get the procedures.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

First download the OS on your device and carrier from here

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Afterwards try reloading the OS by connecting the device to your computer, open the Desktop Manager, then go into the Application Loader. This will open a wizard that steps you through reloading the OS onto your device. More detailed steps can be found in here:
http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-operating-system-os

If the above doesn't work you can reload the OS in one of the following ways

1. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03485
  2. http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
headexpl0dy

Unfortunately doing a battery pull didn't work but hopefully I'll be able to get it working soon, I guess it's because it's the current theme that's keeping it from being able to be reset. I was able to get my Device Manager to recognize it for a while but it won't anymore so I haven't been able to reload 4.5 on it but if I can get it to recognize the device again I'll give it another shot. When I did get the device in the first time though I couldn't get the device manager to reload 4.5 again which has me a little worried. I there was a way to completely reset the device back to factory defaults though it would be a miracle.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

After the OS reload the device will have been wiped. In "most" cases after getting a java error the data would has already been erased. So if you follow the other ways to reload the OS in my previous post you'll be good to go.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
headexpl0dy

I've tried everything and still can't get the desktop manager to see the blackberry. I might just have to resort to using my warrenty.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hey it's your work phone. Tell them you were working so hard it blew up! We'll back you up :smileywink:

Good luck to you!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
headexpl0dy

Bifocals wrote:

Hey it's your work phone. Tell them you were working so hard it blew up! We'll back you up :smileywink:

Good luck to you!

Bifocals

Good one lol
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
headexpl0dy

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I'm still having trouble and can't get a replacement so I thought I'd try using Jl_Cmder and downloaded the program but I get an error message and the program won't run, I've encluded the error message and the properties window, if anyone can help I'd appreciate it! http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/headexpl0dy/errorJL_Cmder.jpg

Message Edited by headexpl0dy on 12-31-2008 02:47 PM
Please use plain text.
shannmgreen
My Device: Blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having problem with my BlackBerry Tour 9630 it keeps displaying app error 523 and asking me to reset when ever i try it will restart and bring a blank white screen with the same error message, i am fed up i don't know what to do, i guess am going to throw the phone away can anyone help me out pls

Please use plain text.