Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kscell
My Device: Not Specified

Operational Questions

I've had my Curve for about 3 months now and it's great.  There are a couple things I've noticed that maybe somebody can help me with.

When I get a call, I hit the Send key to answer and it takes about 2 seconds to connect and be able to be heard by who is calling.  Is this delay normal?  The first few calls I got, by the time the caller could hear me, I was repeating 'Hello' since I couldn't hear anybody on the line!

Is it possible to 'blow out' the earpiece speaker?  If I have the volume up much past midway, the speaker starts to buzz with some voices...depends on the voice and the level of volume.  Is this fixable?

I haven't searched the forums here yet but I'll ask since while I'm at it.  Anybody know of any good stopwatch or pedometer apps for the Curve?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kscell
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Operational Questions

38 views, no replies.  It's like my 5th birthday all over again!:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran III
IrwinII
My Device: Bold 9930 7.1.0.163 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Operational Questions

Oh we can't have that now.  Just logged on and saw your post. Here goes.....

I, too, have had my 8330 not quite 3 months, but I don't have a problem with my speaker and/or microphone.  If I stop to think about it, the time it takes me to answer the phone and put it to my ear is probably 2 seconds so I don't know if such a delay is "normal."  Wish I could be more help on that one.

As to not being able to hear anyone on the line; has this always been a problem with your phone?  Is it continuing the same "time delay" upon your answering as well as your not being able to hear the other people on the phone?  I have not heard or read of anyone blowing out their speaker. Have you had the speaker volume turned way up so that the speaker could have become damages? 

"Turn that crap down" - quote from my Dad. :smileywink:

Who is your carrier? Perhaps a call to Customer Support or just taking the phone back to the store where you purchased it would help.  Maybe there is something wrong with your earpiece speaker and if you are still under warranty or have insurance they can fix and/or replace the phone for you.

I also see in the help on my phone that you can go to Phone-Menu-Options-General Options-Enhance Call Audio.  See if that helps.  Someone else may post you who has other ideas or who has dealt with this issue before.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do as well as your results.

Thanks for posting.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Please use plain text.