Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Max_Hislop
My Carrier: T mobile
Accepted Solution

Organizer synchronization problem

Hi

When I connect my BB to my PC to synchro my Organizer I get the following message:

"The Organizer failed to start. The Blackberry Desktop Software could not load your previous organizer data configurations. Reconfigure your organizer settings to synchronize organizer data between your computer and your Blackberry device."

However, when I try to configure the organizer settings I get the same message! I can't overcome the problem. I seem to be loop.

I am using software version: 5.0 Bundle 1168

Any ideas how I can sort this out so I can get back to synchronizing between my PC and BB?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yorickbrown
My Carrier: BTC

Re: Organizer synchronization problem

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yorickbrown
My Carrier: BTC

[ Edited ]

Ok.

Steps I followed to get my installation working again.

- While the faulty installation was running, I selected "forget device" in the Device menu.

- Performed a complete BB desktop software uninstall, including user settings. (A reboot is necessary)

- Downloaded a new copy of the 7.1 BB desktop software.

- Installed the software, reconfigured organizer synchronization and everything is working fine now.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Max_Hislop
My Carrier: T mobile

Thanks yorickbrown!

I followed your suggested steps and things seem to be working OK again.

Thanks very much. :Yes:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwt322
My Carrier: VZW

Thanks for this!!!  I started having the same issue 3 weeks ago, but haven't sat down to really diagnose.  I'll try this>  Thanks so much.

Please use plain text.
hlm9876
My Carrier: AT&T

I've been getting the same error using my Bold 9700 "Organizer Failed to Start".  I've tried the solution below twice but when I uninstall Blackberry Desktop all of my Microsoft Office applications then stop working.  My only recourse has been to use the Windows System Restore option, reinstalling Blackberry Desktop and/or Microsoft Office has not workied.  Always liked my Blackberry but I've almost had it.  Unistalling and reinstalling programs to fix a programing bug is a poor excuse for technical support.  No wonder they are about to go out of business.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tfield99
My Carrier: Telus

When I try to synchronize my Curve 9320, the desktop software goes through the Outlook and device files fine, but then will not sync.  I get a message "Error code 0x8004fd26.  Check documentation".  Any idea what this means?  It worked fine before.  

Please use plain text.