Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tapasya
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: airtel

Os 7.1 for 9380

[ Edited ]

Hi,

1. I've a BB 9380, can i know which os is better for it OS 7 Or OS7.1.

2. I took it to the BB support center to upgrade it to OS7.1 and they did not upgrade it to OS 7.1, Can it not be upgraded to OS7.1  for 9380

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Os 7.1 for 9380

[ Edited ]

Hi tapasya

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Of course you can Update your Curve 9680  9380 to 7.1 ,Infact almost All Carriers have released 7.1 for Curve 9380.If service center has not updated your device then you can try it by yourself . You can use BlackBerry Desktop Software to do the update .

KB03901 :How to update BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

But before that do a Complete Backup of your device.

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows.

Let us know if you feel any problem.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tapasya
My Device: 9380
My Carrier: airtel

pls reconfirm cause mine 9380 and not 9680

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi tapasya

Yes Your BlackBerry Curve 9380 can be updated to 7.1, I confirm that . Let us know if you have any query.

Prince

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,922
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes, the 9380 model is able to upgrade OS 7.1

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

So, Airtel might not yet have released OS7.1, but others have.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

http://www.blackberryos.com/9380-operating-software/32875-discuss-official-os-7-1-0-569-blackberry-c...
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.