Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
gbedrosian
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Outlook 2003 Stopped Calendar Sync with 8330

Have had BB Curve for a week with DM 4.6. Sync worked fine, but just stopped. All I want to do is to be able to continue 2-way calendar sync. I am using Outlook 2003 on a PC with XP SP3.

Here's the history...

After an overnight Windows Automatic Update, my laptop was frozen in the "Windows Shutting Down" mode (Auto Update reboots after completion). I had to cold shut down, after which I received the Outlook error message "Outlook was not shut down properly and needs to rebuild files" (something like that). No prob, that's happened before. Now when I try to sync the Calendar (USB), DM goes through the whole process, but the sync (not DM) shuts down at the moment of truth..."One Moment, Please".

After trying a lot of different Sync setting, I tried a bunch of KB articles...remove attachments from calendar entries (didn't have any), cleared out all future Outlook calendar entries, change the MAPI profiles, delete the RIM folders, find the PtTrace, reconfigure the iloptcfg file (I can't find a tiflog). I have also tried a bunch of stuff off this forum...nothin.

Anybody...help?

New Contributor
djs413

Re: Outlook 2003 Stopped Calendar Sync with 8330

Same thing happened to me about 1 week in with my 8330.

Do a complete back-up with your Desktop Manager.  Then completely reset your handheld.  Then restore all your info through Desktop Manager.

Worked for me.

New Contributor
gbedrosian

I can't even do that, now. What is going on???

BTW, how do you reset the device?

New Contributor
gbedrosian

Did a soft AND hard rest...no good. Seems like there's no communication whatsoever with the laptop.
New Contributor
gbedrosian

Anybody from RIM or Intellisync out There??

I have uninstalled/reinstalled DM4.6 several times. I can see the media files on the device and can transfer app's through DM.

Intellisync is the culprit...I can't even do a one-way sync to an ASCII file for the Address Book (either way). I'm thinking there is/are conflicting Registry settings that's causing the problem over and over again.

Remember...it worked fine before.

Does ANYBODY know how to COMPLETELY remove/uninstall the Intellisync app?

New Contributor
gbedrosian

XP Security Updates of Nov 13th the Problem??

As I was going through my Add/Remove Software list in Control Panel, I noticed that 3 XP Seurity Updates were installed immediately before my sync stopped working.

The MS XP updates are:

KB957097

KB954459

KB955069

Could this be the problem? I have tried every recommendation in this forum and can not sync any more with Outlook (AT ALL). I was able to establish ASCII Address Book transfer...but that's it.

Anyone else having a problem since the update installs???

New Contributor
gbedrosian

Doc ID : KB15079 :mantongue:
New Contributor
arajgarhia1
My Device: Curve 8520

Outlook 2003 Stopped Calendar Sync with 8330

I am using Outlook 2003, Windows XP and BDM v5.0.01.

I am having the same problem - one day the calendar just stopped syncing.  After reading some solutions on the net, i deleted the intellisync (didnt work).

Went to Backup and restore - advanced - device database and deleted all calender enteries, then took out the battery and did a soft reset - still the problem is not solved.

Do I need to do a hard reset.  If yes, how is that done.

Pls help, thanks.