Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
paskluk
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Outlook Web access-Can't open emails.

App installation is turned off through the security settings.  On my old 7130e I would get a page in OWA saying "the browser does not support frames, which view do you want" and I would select viewer.  On my new 8330 I do not get that message.  I go straight to the page with both the navbar and the viewer.  
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

paskluk wrote:
On my new 8330 I do not get that message.  I go straight to the page with both the navbar and the viewer.  

that is interesting paskluk. Can you give us your setup for the browser ?
  • Support HTML tables : Yes/No
  • style sheetes media type : handheld/Screen
  • Emulation mode : Blackberry/ Openwave (WAP/Openwave gateway/MSIE/MS PocketIE/Netscape)
  • Content mode : WML & HTML / HTML only / WML only

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paskluk

• Support HTML tables : Yes
  • style sheetes media type : Can't find this setting, I have Support Stylesheets: Yes
  • Emulation mode : Blackberry
  • Content mode : WML & HTML

Also, this browser app is installed through out BES and gives me access to our intranet.  However, like I said before, this all worked fine on my 7130e.

To clarify a little, I get my email through our BES but my wife uses my blackberry to get into her corporate account through OWA after hours.

Thanks for the help.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
jimholcomb

Have you tried your company's Outlook Mobile Access link?  It should look something like this if it's been enabled:

http://mail.domainname.com/oma  (likely just replace /exchange with /oma)

If it doesn't work ask your IT department if they will activate it.

Jim

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paskluk

OMA may be an option but I think this problem is a configuration issue.

Going back to an earlier posting, the Blackberry browser does not support frames.  I confirmed this by going to some pages that use frames.  However, on my old 7130e, when I would try to access a page that used frames I would get a page saying something like "The page you are trying to access uses frames which are not supported by this browser.  Which page section would you like to see?" and then it would list the sections of the page.  For OWA it would list Nav Bar and Viewer.  Going to viewer would display the content of the OWA page where the messages are shown.  Nav Bar would give me the left navigation.  Any idea how to get that selection page?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
paskluk

An article on BB javascript support from the BB site states...

The BlackBerry Browser does not support frames. Instead, a list of frames within the document are displayed for the user to select one frame to open.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

paskluk wrote:
Going back to an earlier posting, the Blackberry browser does not support frames.

that is not correct. the Blackberry browser can manage frames but not iframes (as far as the Curve using HHOS 4.2 is concerned). Concerning frames, they are stacked as several boxes, one under the other. For the Outlook Web Access, first frame will be a box containing the left frame (the blue navigation panel), then under it another box displaying the content of the current folder. But display is very clumsy, and if you use Mobile View for a cool flow of the boxes, then you have difficulties scrolling with the trackball : the cursor seems contained in the first frame, and it's hard to jump to the other apart from giving a big scroll down. Using the Desktop mode, it's obviously too slow to be usable.

So, what I do is stay in Mobile View,use the Bird's eye view of the complete webpage (still a stack of frames), and read by transparency what is underneath. Works okay but vey slow though. It is useful to see messages that have been deleted from your Blackberry. Unfortunately, you don'thave a search function since that function is only available in the ActiveX OWA (= with MS Internet Explorer)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
casheehy

I am having the same problem. I have a personal bb, and my university just changed me over from Horde to OWA. When I couldn't open the email on my bb browser, they signed me onto their BES, which is flooding my inbox and running down my battery. I don't want my university email, full of junk, in my inbox. I'm on a mission to find a bb browser that will allow me to open my email when I want.

I have Opera Mini, but it gives me the same problem. I can get to the inbox, the frames are a mess, and when I click on a subject line, it kicks me to the top of the page and the "search" box. Very Frustrating.

Any other suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

casheehy wrote:

I am having the same problem. I have a personal bb, and my university just changed me over from Horde to OWA. When I couldn't open the email on my bb browser, they signed me onto their BES, which is flooding my inbox and running down my battery. I don't want my university email, full of junk, in my inbox. I'm on a mission to find a bb browser that will allow me to open my email when I want.

I have Opera Mini, but it gives me the same problem. I can get to the inbox, the frames are a mess, and when I click on a subject line, it kicks me to the top of the page and the "search" box. Very Frustrating.

Any other suggestions? 

I'm developping something about that but in the meantime you can squeeze the frames easily...
  • just create a bookmark for calendar,
  • a bookmark for inbox,
  • a bookmark for all the folders you use.

Please use plain text.
casheehy

Thanks for the quick reply about the frames. That makes the setup much better. However, I still can't access the content of the email messages. For some reason, while it shows me the list of messages in my inbox, it won't allow me to read any of them. When I click on a message, it just spits me back up to the top of the Inbox page. Frustrating.
Please use plain text.