If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Nail22
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms Philippines

Overheating BB Curve 9320

I'm not sure if it's normal but my curve 9320, heats up easily especially when browsing the web. I have this app the measures the temp of battery and now it reads 40. Service center just replaced my battery but it seemed not to work.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Overheating BB Curve 9320

Hi Nail22

Yes Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging.Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.Please read and follow this Knowledge Base I am sure it will help you.

KB14320 :  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
NazT
My Device: BB 9320
My Carrier: 27727750422

I am experiencing the same problem whereby my phone battery overheats. I have turned off apps to save battery power but it does not seem help. I am concerned for the safety of using the device now and after researching similar problems on the web, my concern has now turned to fear that I am handling a potentially dangerous device that heats up in my hand!!! Please recall this device so that my service provider can replace my phone with another model.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

NazT wrote:
I am experiencing the same problem whereby my phone battery overheats. I have turned off apps to save battery power but it does not seem help. I am concerned for the safety of using the device now and after researching similar problems on the web, my concern has now turned to fear that I am handling a potentially dangerous device that heats up in my hand!!! Please recall this device so that my service provider can replace my phone with another model.

Hi NazT

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you are following all necessary steps but still you feel that your device is getting Warmer then usual, then you can contact your Service provider or your Carrier  for further help.

Regarding your Concern and your research on similar problem on web ,I don't think you should fear because of any rumors , nothing has been proved yet as Curve 9320 is potentially dangerous device , If that's the situation then RIM will come up and will recall all devices.

Please use plain text.
paullee
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Smart

i am having the same problem in which i experienced only now... i think the reason for my "overheating" issue is that my phone struggles to connect to a 3G signal since there is a flactuating edge-3G signal inside my office here in taguig.... i still have to monitor my phone though...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DylanBrown170899
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: O2

I am having the same problem it is not the battery because i have already bought a new battery and it still overheats i need help i have over 800 contacts on BBM does this have any thing to do with it
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

DylanBrown170899 wrote:
I am having the same problem it is not the battery because i have already bought a new battery and it still overheats i need help i have over 800 contacts on BBM does this have any thing to do with it

Hi DylanBrown

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

BBM contacts have nothing to do with your device overheating .

But are you having any problem with your network coverage or you're in a locality where you have a weak signal ?  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DylanBrown170899

I have perfect signal were I'm from.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

DylanBrown170899 wrote:
I have perfect signal were I'm from.

Hi there,

Then you should check other options like if you're closing all applications properly , turn off wifi and bluetooth when not in use .

Are you following those instruction properly !

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DylanBrown170899

I dont ever have bluetooth or wifi on because im on contract only have them 5 apss that are alwys open?
Please use plain text.