Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

stiffler69
My Device: 9320
Accepted Solution

Overheating Battery

Hi guys
I'm a proud new owner of a 9320 and have had it for 2weeks now,I'm happy with functionality of the phone but have noticed that it gets extremely hot,I have read the posts on this and just wanted to know if all this heat will not cause the battery to swell over time. I would appreciate an answer on this greatly as I really like this phone.
Thanks...
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Overheating Battery

Hi stiffler69

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry 7 devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging and it is normal but it will not swell your device Battery.

Also read this Knowledge Base regarding your Concern :

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
janetslimak
My Device: Q10

Same problem after sending pics. Overheating and battery drain twice in one day. Took bat out then recharged and today no issue but waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is there a fix or is this just too much processing ability for a small device?
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

janetslimak wrote:
Same problem after sending pics. Overheating and battery drain twice in one day. Took bat out then recharged and today no issue but waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is there a fix or is this just too much processing ability for a small device?

Hello janetslimak

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which BlackBerry you have ? Your profile shows a Q10 but the above thread and Knowledge Base is related to BlackBerry running on OS7 . BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry 7 are completely two different device running on a different OS then each other .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
janetslimak
My Device: Q10

Happened again on Aug 4 and I posted on the Q10 site. Turns out there are many complaints with no solution in sight as yet:-(