Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
maf49
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

PC doesn't detect Blackberry

My Blackberry Curve can not be detected by my PC. I loaded the software at work on my laptop and it worked fine. I have tried everything on the support pages.
Visitor
maybach

Re: PC doesn't detect Blackberry

Restore the Handheld 's default language,reboot,then connect to your PC.

I don't know whether this will help,when my BB is set to use Chinese,I can't connect to my laptop,but when I restore the language to English(the handheld's default language),it works.

New Contributor
maf49

I Just checked an it is set to english I did try to change it and reboot the Blackberry still wont connect. When I arrived at work today I tested it on the computer that it did connect to yesterday and now I get no connection on that computer as well. So it is definitly something on the phone not the PC. ANy other thoughts?
New Contributor
maf49

I forgot to say I am running Windows XP Pro on both PCs. I have looked at every setting on the Blackberry and cannot see anything having to do with the connection to a PC.

Contributor
rbuhre

What version of the Desktop software did you install. My boss got a new Curve 8330 & I found out we needed to install at least v 4.3 ? of the Desktop software, as this version & higher have new USB drivers to detect the Curve 8330.

He had an older BB where we had v 4.2 of the Desktop software installed. His laptop (vista) would not recogzine the newere Cruve 8330.

I installed v 4.3 & the laptop recognized the BB asap.

Don't know if that will help?

New Contributor
maf49

I updated to the newest version 4.6 and still same problem. I get no recognition fromt he cpomuter that it recognizes a usb device. On the phone it recognizes that it is plugged in because it is recieving power it show to be charging when the usb is plugged into the PC. Any other suggestions?
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

you don't need the Desktop Manager for your computer to detect your Blackberry. All you need are the "USB Drivers & modem". You can download them (about 13MB) from the download section of the blackberry.com website.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Cavman903

I was having an issue similar to this.  The Blackberry worked for a while and the computer recognized it no problems then all of the sudden it wouldn't.  I have the software on four computers and none of them would recognize the phone. 

After going through dozens of "solutions" it was determined that it was a hardware issue and the phone had to be replaced.

I'd suggest calling your service provider on this one.

New Contributor
maf49

it was a problem wiht the miniport on the Blackberry. I got a new one and all is fine.

Thanks everyone