Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PENDING blackberry messenger contact

[ Edited ]

I have a problem with my blackberry messenger

I'm unable to add contacts that are located in the U.S whereas I can add contacts that are in the same country where I'm in (Indonesia)

It keeps saying that it's PENDING though both parties have accept the request

I tried adding by PIN - doesn't work

I tried to remove and reinstall the blackberry messenger itself using the Application Loader - doesn't work

I tried adding by EMAIL - doesn't work

Frankly, I'm running out of ideas and sources to go to...and I'm in Indonesia right now where there is really no RIM or Blackberry customer service

So PLEASE HELP! does anyone have this kind of problem??

This has been very frustrating and it's more frustrating when other people using the same phone and same provider can add just simply everybody in the world!

Message Edited by yolana34 on 09-21-2008 08:22 AM
New Contributor

Re: PENDING blackberry messenger contact

I second this question -  i am in the US, and have tried to make a contact of someone else in the US - she has accepted my request but still shows up as pending....any ideas?
New Contributor

Messenger Pending What ???????The @#Y%^kkk

[ Edited ]

Yo same here ,

got two curves both  do the pending thing,can't figure it,.

sold old pearl to a friend ,he was able to add people at will ,including me..

What the hell is going on??

afraid to ask tech .got no time or money to hold the pnone in my hand for an hour or more...Right??

Help         

Thanks

EDIT: Removed personal information

Message Edited by Andy on 10-08-2008 11:31 AM
New Contributor

Ditto.....my contacts still show pending even though they've accepted the request to be added.  Once they have accepted, I receive an email back but it has no meaning to me.  How do you get them to change from pending?

Frustrated!

New Contributor

Same problem here.  Everyone seems to recommend adding by PIN, but that doesn't answer why some contacts get added by e-mail (it works) and others won't.  There is a problem with the software that I hope BB is addressing in a new release of BB IM.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

if there is a new version of the Blackberry Messenger, il will be included in the 4.5 OS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

My BBM works now!!!!

It's so weird and I didn't even do anything...I just brought the phone out of my country for holiday purposes but my sim card can roam international. So when I went online in my BBM (I was in China...and it was roaming using China Mobile...I'm not sure if it has anything to do with where and what service) and I tried adding my friends that I wasn't able to add before and I could! it wasn't pending anymore!

People from the US can start adding me over there and chat perfectly. And when I got back to my country (still using the same SIM card that I had that problem with) that pending problem went away! Now I could start adding people anywhere and chat with them perfectly!

So maybe you could try that...not by going to China in particular but maybe get the phone out of the country or try to use different provider probably?

good luck!!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

what happened when you went abroad is that the local carrier sent you service books. It may have fixed your issue.
Conclusion is : you don't need to go abroad, just have your service books resent.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

sending service books didnt work for me. Any other ideas? Have done everything from reinstalling BBM, new OS, add by email, add by pin< me requesting contact, and contact requesting to add me

So any ideas????? please

New Contributor

Re: Re: PENDING blackberry messenger contact

How do you send service books??