Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
scamp15
My Device: Curve 9320

PIN number not valid

Hello guys, We have tried to register our blackberry 9320 bought from amazon uk sim free with tesco mobile (UK). They have came back to me and said the PIN number does not exist so they cannot register the phone on their network? Do I have to register the phone with blackberry first? Failing that does anyone have a number for blackberry in the uk? Thanks for any help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: PIN number not valid

Hello scamp15

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To enjoy BlackBerry Services you don't need to contact BlackBerry directly but.. it is through our respective Carriers through which we enjoy all services . So it is your Carrier Network to which your device should be registered .

scamp15 wrote:
 They have came back to me and said the PIN number does not exist .

Is this the complete and exact message you got from your Carrier ?

If so you have to contact the online vendor ( Amazon ) from which you got this device  for all support .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scamp15

Thanks for the quick reply, yes they say the phone pin doe not exist on their system. Is there anyway of checking if it even exists on the blackberry system? Given that amazon sometimes deal with imports would this cause a problem with an imported phone trying to register onto a uk carrier?
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

scamp15 wrote:
 yes they say the phone pin doe not exist on their system.

Well.. That means something different ! They have to register your device on there network then it will show up on there network .. But  I assume they mean they were unable to register your device on there network .

scamp15 wrote:
 Is there anyway of checking if it even exists on the blackberry system? Given that amazon sometimes deal with imports would this cause a problem with an imported phone trying to register onto a uk carrier?

Many possibilities ! First you need to be sure that the device you bought is Unlocked one ,refer to this Article for help :  Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

Still.. If the device you bought uses a different radio frequency then your present Carrier , then I doubt your device will work with your present Carrier . 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scamp15

[ Edited ]

It was bought out of amazon UK as a sim free phone open to any network. We can make calls, texts etc, the problem come in when we want the blackberry services. They now have us in a blackberry data contract and they cannot register it on the blackberry system as they say the phone does not exist. They have checked the PIN number {REMOVED} and they say no such pin exists and its not a blackberry. Amazon have replied and confirm its a genuine UK supplied blackberry so no idea where to go except throw it in the bin and go back to android.

Mod Edit: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

If you bought that device from Amazon that you should inquire with Amazon regarding this issue , If possible ask for refund . 

Good luck.

Please use plain text.