Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
iabarrow
My Device: curve

PaIrinG

Hi

How can I pair my blackberry curve with my PlayBook without using bridge because I can not get apps on my phone because it is for work?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: PaIrinG

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From your question, I am not sure you fully understand the capabilities. So I'll try to explain a few things.

The Bridge app enables the connection between the BB and the PB for various services, but it will not allow you to, on your BB, "run" or use any of the apps that reside on your PB. Apps for BB devices are specifically written for each one...an app that runs on a PB cannot run on a BB...the developer would need to port the app to the BB so that it can run there. They cannot share the apps between them.

So, given that, can you review your desire and perhaps explain it more clearly? If, for instance, you are restricted by IT Policy from installing apps to your BB, then attempting to bypass that would mean you are attempting to bypass your company policies...and I, for one, am not willing to help you do that...

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
iabarrow
My Device: curve

Re:PAIRING

Hi

Thanks for the fast response 

Sorry for not explaining It properly but I'm trying to get the application on my curve but cannot get onto the browser is there a way I can do this from my laptop with the phone attached? My company will allow me to pair the PlayBook but cannot give me browser on my phone

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Re:PAIRING

If the source of this app is AppWorld, then see this:

• KB31325 How to install or update the BlackBerry App World application using a computer system

If the source is somewhere else, then see this:

• KB04670 Install a third-party application with the Application Loader

But, if the issue is that the IT Policy prevents app installs to the BB, then neither of those will work anyway.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.