Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
ramjee_j
My Device: curve 9380 and Playbook 64GB
Accepted Solution

Passowrd keeper missing after os 7.1 upgrade

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I upgraded my curve 9380 from os 7 to os 7.1 (I downloaded this from BB india site). But after the upgrade, i see the passwor Keeper app missing. I have some of my important passwords stored it. Can somebody reply if there a way to get the password keeper app back in my device (I tried unistalling and reinstalling the OS 7.1 and also a battery pull.)

Thanks,

ramjee j

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Passowrd keeper missing after os 7.1 upgrade

ramjee_j wrote :

I upgraded my curve 9380 from os 7 to os 7.1 (I downloaded this from BB india site). But after the upgrade, i see the passwor Keeper app missing. I have some of my important passwords stored it. Can somebody reply if there a way to get the password keeper app back in my device (I tried unistalling and reinstalling the OS 7.1 and also a battery

pull.)

Hi ramjee_j

Welcome 

Password Keeper is an Application which comes with OS ,As you told you had Upgraded your OS from 7 to 7.1 but can you confirm while updating your device software using BlackBerry desktop software  In the device application selection list have you Checked or marked Password Keeper .if not you have to try it again,.And make sure it marked in the application list that you install in your device during upgrade process.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramjee_j
My Device: curve 9380 and Playbook 64GB

Thanks prince. I got it installed.

ramjee j
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi ramjee

You are most welcome... and Good job :smileyvery-happy:

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nephertiti
My Device: bold 9900

Hi I got this problem too on my bold 9900. I upgraded from OS 7.0 to 7.1. And I noticed the password keeper is missing. Tried using the desktop software but I couldn't even find the password keeper app to tick! I'm soo frustrated! All my passwords in this life are in there,pls help me!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

nephertiti wrote:
Hi I got this problem too on my bold 9900. I upgraded from OS 7.0 to 7.1. And I noticed the password keeper is missing. Tried using the desktop software but I couldn't even find the password keeper app to tick! I'm soo frustrated! All my passwords in this life are in there,pls help me!

Try the suggestion in this article.

Article ID: KB11545 Unable to restore the Password Keeper database

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.