Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sarahd14
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Password and email

I wonder if anyone can give me any idea how to manage this situation. 

I changed to a new balckberry and need to move my blackberry email address to my new phone. Unfortunately I can't remember my password (or what I thought was my password isn't recognised as such) so I have requested a new password as instructed on the help pages which says it has been sent to my blackberry but nothing has appeared (presumably because I don't have my email account up and running to recieve the message?) How can I get this password so I can set up my email account so it will stop telling people I haven't recieved my emails?!

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

Re: Password and email

This simply means a blackberry device change?? do you by anychance have the BIS account login given by the operator or have you created a BB ID?? If so login using that or else ask your service provider to do this on behalf you..

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahd14

Sorry I don't know what a BIS account is or a BB ID?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
darocker077
My Device: Xperia Ray
My Carrier: Dhiraagu Maldives

How did you configure you e-mail account initially?? did you do it by yourself by logging accessing e-mail set-up within your device or the operator did on behalf of you?

For an example, if your provider is Orange, UK.. your operator will give you a BIS link where you can access/manage your account. 

https://orangeuk.blackberry.com

If you have no idea about it.. it's better to call your operator for further assistance on transferring your existing account to the new device

.RoCkInG dUdE.
Trust Your Technolust | Do not PM for any support
If a solution received, please hit on to show your support.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try this, go to Options > Device > BlackBerryID and login your BlackBerryID there.

Then, Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahd14

I set up the email account myself on my previous blackberry. I've spoken to my service providor and they can only activate the email account if I know the password. So here I am on th blackberry website trying to find out what my password is. 

If BB ID refers to the details i use for logging in to blackberry messenger etc then no I can't use them to log into blackberry internet service.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarahd14

Thanks for taking the time.

Option one requires I know the password which is the problem I'm trying to solve. Option two doesn't solve the problem I'm having with option one.

The phone is working fine I just don't have or know where to get the password for my @blackberry.orange.co.uk email account. Orange say they can't help me I have to get it from blackberry and when I click forgotten password on the blackberry internet service it says my password has been sent to my device but nothing arrives on my device. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sarahd14 wrote:

I just don't have or know where to get the password for my @blackberry.orange.co.uk email account. Orange say they can't help me I have to get it from blackberry and when I click forgotten password on the blackberry internet service it says my password has been sent to my device but nothing arrives on my device. 

Ask Orange to 'reset' that account, remove your BIS account from your Orange and add it back.

You will have a chance to setup the account again as fresh, creating a new password.

You can't get that password from BlackBerry. No one here knows it.

To reset the password as you have done, the reset is sent to the device (which as you know, can't receive email right now).

It's a fault of using that "@blackberry.orange.co.uk" email address. I'd advise you to get a free Yahoo or other free email account, and stop using the BlackBerry email addresses.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.