Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password required to unlock Blackberry Curve 9300

Do let us know. Note that all I'm suggesting is for you to try and get into that "hidden" screen...if you don't have the unlock code, you won't be able to do anything anyway, and will just need to back out if you get there. But that "hidden" screen should give you the indication, e.g., (0), as to if you have any attempts remaining to unlock the device.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lizzy1972
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Fido

Ok so you suggest that I get the unlock code for my Blackberry and MAYBE, with some miraculous chance using the link you gave me that I might find a 'hidden' screen, and it MIGHT turn out that I just MIGHT still have an attempt available to unlock my Blackberry? :Sweatdrop:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

No...I suggest you try to get to that hidden screen, and see what it shows. If it shows (0), then you know the BB is hard-locked. If it shows other than (0), then you may yet be able to unlock it for use on other carriers. Don't spend any money until you have visited that screen...then decide what to do.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lizzy1972
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Fido

Yes...sorry...I just reread your previous explanation and realized that I misunderstood. I was just about to write to you and you beat me to it!!! So I'll try to do what you suggest...and keep my fingers crossed in the meantime!! :Sweatdrop: Thanks again...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

If you forget your password then you can put a wrong password 10 times and it will ask you for the password reset and then you can setup a new password.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vernon008 wrote:

If you forget your password then you can put a wrong password 10 times and it will ask you for the password reset and then you can setup a new password.

Hello,

Thank you for the assist, but you have misunderstood the specific issue that this user is having. They were originally having difficulty with the user-created device unlock code, but as things progressed, it became clear that the real issue they have is with the MEP unlock code. Your recommendation only applies to the user-created device-lock password, and also will result in a device WIPE btw. But, your recommendation will do nothing to aid the situation of this issue with the MEP unlock code, for that is totally different.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vernon008
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: vodafone

Kindly put the incorrect pasword 10 times and all the data from Device will wipe out however the phone will give you an opotion to reset a new password of your choice.

Please use plain text.