Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Pdegroot
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Password to Blackberry Id

Dear support community,

I've been trying to download an app in the Blackberry app world application but the software is asking me for my login details. For some reasom my password doesn't work anymore and when I click on forgot my password and fill in my login name so that a new password will be sent to me emailadres, I don't receive anything.

How can I retrieve my password so for my Blackberry ID?

Regards,

Pier

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password to Blackberry Id

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For security reasons, no password reset emails are delivered to the BB. Rather, you need separate access to that email account in order to receive and process the password reset. If you have used an @BB or @carrier type of email address, those have no separate access, and you must instead create a forwarding rule inside of BIS to forward from that account to an email account you can otherwise access.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pdegroot

Hi Sdgardne,

thank you for your reply. I should've mentioned this earlier, but I check my email on hotmail account of our company and I simply don't receive any emails (also not in my junk email).

Is there another way?

Pier

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please ensure that you are exactly following this:

• KB28685 How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question

If you are not receiving the password reset emails, then please ensure that the email address associated to the BB ID is 100% correct for your Hotmail account. Otherwise, it could be something about Hotmail that is blocking it...and you'd have to ask them about that.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pdegroot

Hi Sdgardne,

I have checked all those steps, but I'm simply not getting the emails on my Outlook account (eventhough I am accessing Outlook through my desktop).

I am receiving all other emails from Blackberry and have checked my junk email box, but nothing is there so it would seem that the problem lies on the server side and not on my side??

Pier

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I would suggest you also check via the Outlook.com web interface. It may be that perhaps there is some reason it's not coming to your Outlook client app.

If the problem is indeed at the server side, then you'd have to seek formal support to deal with that...which always starts with your mobile service provider, who can escalate the case up to BlackBerry if needed.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pdegroot

Hi Sdgardne,

Just tried to register a new account with Blackberry ID on the website of Blackberry using my personal email adres. Went through the whole process and received a confirmationpage that an email was sent to my gmail account to activate it, but I'm afraid I (again) haven't received the email from Blackberry.
 No spam either...

Please help

pier

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh...so you must have decided to try a test using a different email address. All I can tell you is that those emails should come through...but, since this is a user-to-user community, I have no access to any systems to validate anything. As I have said, if you need formal support, you must start with your mobile service provider.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pdegroot

Alright I will work with Vodafone to see if they have a solution to this problem.

there is one extra thing I would like to run by you though: whenever to test another username and password on blackberr world I get the error message that the device is linked to another account (my previous work email adress of course). How can I solve that if I finally do get a working new blackberry ID?

Or is that something that Vodafone also needs to assist me with?

Pier

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

To change the BB ID that a BB is associated with requires more than merely changing the BB ID login credentials:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.