Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
dhanchey

Pay As You Go Info

I have a Blackberry 8320 and a Pay As You Go plan. Every time I use text or phone, a window pops up telling me how much it cost and what my balance is. Also, I can turn off all other sounds but the ding this window makes. 1) How do I get rid of this window? 2) How do I get rid of the ding? Thanks!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Re: Pay As You Go Info

Unfortunately this was brought up before and there is no way to make it stop. According to the other post carriers do it to cover themselves so you can't turn around and say "I didn't know that charged me". Sorry.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dhanchey

Hey, I went to a $19.99 unlimited monthly texting and now it dings me to tell me it DIDN'T charge me. Go figure.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

I am truely sorry but I really can't help.
rotflol.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dhanchey

I posted this question in July '08 and have never ceased looking for the answer. What I've come up with is this: I had a Treo 750 and when I placed the phone on vibrate, the sound never came through. The minute I switched to a Blackberry, exact same AT&T Pay As You Go Plan, that changed.

On the Curve 8320, when I place it on vibrate, the annoying pay as you go ding always comes through. This tells me that it is the phone, not AT&T, that is causing the ding.

So, if the Palm (Treo 750) people can eliminate the ding when the phone is on vibrate, why can't the Blackberry techs?

Just wondering...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

well, from a AT&T perspective, the fact that you pay less imposes that you receive that alert. If a Treo configuration can silence that alert, from an AT&T point of view, it's a bug.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dhanchey

I am to be penalized because I pay less? Well, I paid cash for my phone, bought it unlocked on eBay (RIM benefited from this sale). I pay for 3 AT&T Pay As You Go plans, myself, my husband, my step-son. I pay AT&T over $100 a month for a business landline. So, I'm certainly not cheating AT&T out of any money. I am a responsible 56 year old woman. It seems that if I choose to turn off the alert beep, that should be my perogative as an AT&T customer. I shouldn't be penalized because I am frugal, manage my money well, and choose not to bind myself to a long term contract.

But, that's just the way I feel about it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

[ Edited ]
I'm not saying you are cheating in any way. I will rephrase saying that AT&T offers a cheap PAYG contract, and does whatever it takes to convince you to take a more expensive contract that does not have that vocal alert. I don't like that way of dealing with customers, but it is a fact.
Message Edited by Xandrex on 03-23-2009 01:54 PM

Please use plain text.