Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Pearl -8100

Hi, I am having a problem that the application keeps running at times -so if i am on the address book it auto calls the number and similarly for text messages, it auto sends the messages to the last person who has send a message.

Further the trackwheel does not function at times and at times it does. I am however able to access the application content by using the enter key.

Can someone please advise me what could be a good fix.

regards

Suraj

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Pearl -8100

Hi,

Please go to options, status and send me the file free and file total numbers.

Then I want you to  pull the battery while the device is ON, replace after a minute,

let the device reboot 1-3 min,  see if there is any improvement, even if there is I need those number OK?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi

Many thanks for the mailer, the file free shows 7999648 bytes free and total is 65142784

There is not much improvement

Please do let me know if i can mail further information

regards

Suraj

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

You have low free memory left on your device. I usually average around 45 to 46 mgb.

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB weather, icall,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application. Follow the steps on this link listted by Tanzim, when finished please let me know

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these steps and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter