Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Deadshrub
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Personal email icon gone on curve

Just got a new curve from ATT.  This is personal (no corp. IT).  I added two email accounts in the setup wizard (both gmail based accounts). 

After setup and both accounts working, I want to add additional accounts.  Problem is:

- no email setup icon in Blackberry Setup folder (only have setup wizard and bluetooth setup)

- if i go to setup wizard, my only options for email setup is for BB enterprise server or I want to skip email setup.

Any idea how I can get back/access the option to setup a personal account?  (the manual says it can support up to 10...).  I've see other threads saying corp. IT settings may block this, but I don't have those.

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Re: Personal email icon gone on curve

Did you setup the accounts on the unit or via the web interface :-

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

I recommend going to the above address, enter your details, setup the accounts again and resend the service books.

New Contributor
Deadshrub

Whew. Thanks for the response.  You rock!  (I also book marked that page for future use. They should tell you about that gem...)

I originally set them up on the Blackberry itself via the setup wizard (email setup step).

Note- At first I went to the link on my laptop and it didn't work (entered my PIN and IMEI#s and got an error saying I could not access the my device via an HTML browser).  So go via device it you have this problem.

Regular Contributor
Sugrat
My Device: Verizon 8330

Glad that worked for you :smileyvery-happy:
riskadvisor

How can I do this on Verizon?  And what if my company owns the account and not me?