Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
CharisN
My Device: Not Specified

Personalised voicemail greeting

Hi can anyone tell me how to set up a personal voice greeting on voicemail? Thanks. Joyce
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Personalised voicemail greeting

I believe this would need to be done via your voice mail. You can find instructions on your carriers web site, or dial your voice mail number and get the instructions there.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CharisN
My Device: Not Specified

No, that's what I thought, but there is no option in voicemail to do it, and when I tried the carrier, they said they didn't think it could be done. I can't really believe that's true, for a phone lots of people must buy for business use. My cheapo mobile even has it!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

What carrier are you using? I know there isn't a setting for setting up a greeting directly on the BlackBerry. The BlackBerry is just the device, while the voice mail is controlled by your carrier.

If there isn't the option with your carrier you could try using YouMail. They are a free visual voice mail service that have options for different greetings. I used them when I had T-Mobile.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

This option can be provided through voice mail service. Jeremy is right. Well some carrier provide personalized voice greeting for their premium/business/ roaming customers only and for rest no personalized greetings!! You just look the feature available for voice mail from your carrier.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
jones1975
My Device: storm

Hi I tried to set up a greeting too and worked great. I found some very useful script ideas too on this page - i hope its useful for you too

http://www.voicemail-greetings.com/script-ideas.html

Greets

Jones

Please use plain text.
Missalysia712
My Device: Curve 1963

If you hold down W on you keypad it should go through to voice mail if you follow the instructions it gives you you should be able to create one I have only just found out sorry **bleep** dissent work
Please use plain text.