10-01-2010 11:37 PM
Hey, I'm having a similar problem with my Curve 8330 except even when I do take the battery out and turn it back on it's still silent. No sound for anything not even my music and it also wont vibrate. Last week it was silent for 3 days straight no matter what I did. Help???
10-04-2010 12:14 PM
Did you do what was posted previously? please answer that in your post aswell as the OS version.
10-10-2010 11:38 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by did I do what I posted because I posted a few things...
So yes I:
1) Kept pulling the battery until I found a better way to reboot (pressing the ALT + (right) SHIFT + DEL keys together to restart).
2) Pressing/Holding the ALT button + typing LGLG to open the event log & clear it.
3) Called Verizon, didn't take no for an answer & got a *new* phone.
Later (because there was a good deal) I got a Blackberry Bold 9650 (OS 126.96.36.1992) & it still happens occasionally which is further proof that this problem seems to be a Blackberry thing. It happens way less often but still it does which is annoying.
Some other things that might help are:
1) Are you using a 3rd party app? Because that could be the source of your problem. (I was & still am using a 3rd party app for my multi alarms).
2) I THINK that it may be more likely to happen when there are conflicts between your 3rd party app & the phone alarm. For example, if you have one alarm set for 10:30 & the other (whether its the phone alarm or a calendar reminder) set for 10:30 or 10:31 the phone doesn't seem to be able to prioritize these "sound" tasks properly. Now why that turns all sounds off instead of just maybe one or both of the alarms off is beyond me but that is my best educated guess about what's going on when the problem occurs.