Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

mlf
Visitor
mlf
My Device: 8530

Phone is freezing / not responding

I have a Blackberry Curve 8530. It has been freezing a lot lately. I will press buttons the scroll button and nothing happens, then a minute later or so, it will sort of wake up and start responding again.

The email, Facebook, and internet has always been extemely slow, but I think this is because I have only one bar of service most of the time. 

The freezing thing happens in a variety of places - when I'm checking emails, trying to open icons from the home page, want to make a call, or most annoyingly, when I need to adjust the volume. Basically, it is having about a 30 second delay on waking up all the time, even when currently in use.

I did take the battery out and put it back in.

If you can help, please be very specific. I have no idea how this phone really works. 

Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Phone is freezing / not responding

Hi mlf,

Welcome to the Support Community!

The freezing can be caused by low memory on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone. Have you already tried uninstalling any unused applications and languages? You may also want to try some of the tips in this article to help increase your BlackBerry® smartphone device memory. "How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/GHUfiB

I would also advise completely closing any 3rd party applications that are running in the background by pressing the Menu key and choosing Close or Exit when exiting them. You can see what applications are running by holding down your Menu key.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.