Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

dewpoint76
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: turkcell

Phone kept freezing after update to BB app world 4.3.0.26:(

3 days ago, according to the notice on my screen to update my BB app world, I did what's asked from me to do. That was it! Since then, I couldn't use my phone properly: It freezes..Although I took of and on the battery several times, it ended the same way..I couldn't leave my phone on charge because it makes my battery get very hot! 
I had a chance to remove the app world and phone started working porperly again!!

My phone is 8520 curve and I use v5.0.0.681 (bundle 1168, platform 5.2.0.67)

How can I turn back to my old version of app world or how can I make this updated version work properly??

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Phone kept freezing after update to BB app world 4.3.0.26:(

Hi dewpoint76 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

I would suggest performing a backup of your BlackBerry® smartphone then reloading the software as shown in the article below:

KB11320 - How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop M...

or

KB19915 - How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBer...

Thanks

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BB4matt
My Device: Z30, Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Phone kept freezing after update to BB app world 4.3.0.26:(

@Cpt_Sweatpants

Small addendum to Cpt_Sweatpants suggested links:

The first link is for 'PC' computers and the second link is for 'MAC' computers.

Both KBs should state in point 4: Clear the check box near 'Email me when new versions are available'
Clearing the check box near 'Back up device data' will not enable the 'Install update' box which is needed to
go forward.

By the way, the 'Back up device data' box enabled is a very good idea.... so if I want  back my device data and
apps after my device software is installed I should leave the checkbox enabled. The only thing which brought me here to this thread was an issue with the AW icon....no need to wipe my phone clean!!!

The good news is BB has finally made a short KB for what I suggested before but left out some useful help
hints which one can read here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/App-world-won-t-open/td-p/1754629/page/2

A further update to this link with page 2  would be the following:

I downloaded a bad app from a local 'Williams' store named 'Williams vers 1.4' yesterday which caused my Torch 9800 to go into a continuous reboot loop. So I pulled the battery till I had time to figure out what to do.

Since I did not back up my data for a while I decided to first recover my Torch by going into 'safemode' by rebooting i.e. by holding the 'escape' curly arrow button key till my Torch finished rebooting into 'safemode'.

I then uninstalled the bad app and everything worked fine except the AW was frozen again, i.e. it was
launched by the rebooting process but stuck in a loop. This means AW 4.0.3.26 still has not a fix for rebooting issues. Question to BB's Cpt_Sweatpants: When have you time to put a resource on this forum issue to fix it once and for all?

I then backed up my data via DTM vers. 7.0.1.32. I  upgraded my DTM to version 7.1.0.41. I then tried to 'update' as explained in the previous link but my DTM needed some components to be installed first which then required a reboot of my PC.....OK....

I then noticed following KB 11320 that this KB had 'this point 4.'  error which I highlighted above.

The rest worked just fine and all data, and all free, and purchased apps re-installed without a glitch.

I then launched AW without an issue and entered in 'my world'  my ID which entered OK. After rebooting I noticed a phone message like 'corrupted back up file'.... because I backed up with my old DTM (I guess)? OK.... I did a second backup with this DTM version and all is fine now.

This test showed clearly that leaving the check box enabled for 'Back up device data' saved my data because my back up file would have not worked with the new DTM. So if one upgrades to new DTM software the first thing one should do is make another back up file for the smart phone.

I hope BB will add this hint in the 'Welcome to Blackberry Desktop Software' pop up box. I almost lost my data.... Good luck to everybody with the 'AW won't open issue' but this 'fake' update method worked for me many times. 

Please use plain text.