Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mayfield4
My Carrier: t mobile

Phone makes crying noise?

Hello, 

First time poster here, asking on behalf of my son. 

He's got a Blackberry Curve, i've no ideal what model as i'm working away with limited contact, BUT, it's started to randomly play noises of a girl crying, screaming for help etc, and it's freaking him out. He's 12 and i think it happened during the night so it's kind of spooked him. 

Does anyone know what this could be and possible ways of stopping it happening?

He's looked at his files and there is no file of any kind showing, so my guess is its some kind of malware or something.

Any advice gratefully received and apologies for not following correct protocols with all the required handset information.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mayfield4
My Carrier: t mobile

Re: Phone makes crying noise?

Thanks for the responses. 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Phone makes crying noise?

mayfield4 wrote:

BUT, it's started to randomly play noises of a girl crying, screaming for help etc, and it's freaking him out. He's 12 and i think it happened during the night so it's kind of spooked him. 

Does anyone know what this could be and possible ways of stopping it happening?

Hi mayfield4

Welcome to BlackBerry  Support Forums

Our BlackBerry don't play such sounds unless we assign certain Ringtone , set alarm to such tones or from any applications that you have on that device. As you don't know the device model , so its quiet a difficult.

As a first step I would suggest Check your Alarm tone as it happen on a specific time i;e at night  , So for that on your Homescreen Click on Clock > Press the menu key > Options > then check Alarm tone  and see if it resembles the sound that you mentioned .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.