Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Virgin

Phone only charging via usb

Hi,

I have a problem with my blackberry. A couple of weeks ago it stopped charging via wall socket charger. After trying a couple of different chargers and still not charging I contacted my service provider who brought it in for repair. After about a week I received the phone back from repair. They did not repair the phone because they said it would be a chargeable repair. I asked them what the fault was and they said the charging port on the phone had water damage but I can't see how because it has been no where near water. I tried the phone again with different chargers but still would not charge. I then tried a usb charger via pc and the phone now charges with no problems. So now I'm charging the phone with a plug in socket with usb connection. I Phoned my service provider to say the phone is charging via usb and the phone must have a hardware fault, But they are still saying that the phone is damaged and it is a chargeable repair. I can't see how if it is charging normally via a usb. Please can you confirm if the phone would have a hardware problem.

Thanks

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Phone only charging via usb

Hi and Welcome to the Community...apologies for the delayed reply...hopefully you already have this sorted, but just in case!

As described, this sounds quite odd indeed. I would not expect behavior in the manner you describe it. But, since this is a user-to-user community and not a formal communication channel with RIM, all I can give you is my opinion based solely on what you have said. Nevertheless, at an internet distance, it would be impossible to contradict what your warranty service provider has told you, even if I find the situation to be quite strange from your description.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code