Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
sg413
My Device: Curve 3G
My Carrier: Sprint

Phone reboots in the middle of an application Curve 3G 9330

This problem started recently.  I will show a full charge on the screen.  If I begin using an application like the web browser or Facebook or am using the phone, about a minute into using the app or call,  the phone will reboot. It will try to restart, but usually only after I plug in the charger.  When it comes back on, the battery indicator is red and it is charging.  Takes about 20 minutes for it to fully charge.

It looks like the battery is bad, but because it does a full discharge so quickly, I am concerned that their may be a problem with the phone's circuitry.  I have left ta fully charged phone sit for a few hours and the indicator continues to show a full charge when I check back.

I'll get a new battery, but wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this or if there is a way to test a few things first.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
KaneSmith
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: 3

Re: Phone reboots in the middle of an application Curve 3G 9330

Depending how long you've had the phone for with that particular battery. Then it might just be the battery which its life has unfortunately come to an end. The nearest phone store will provide batteries for blackberries for under £10-$15
Software should be free and open source :smileyhappy: - Linus Torvalds
Please use plain text.