Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Shanephartness
My Device: 8320

Phone shuts down after 3-5 Min calls

[ Edited ]

My phone just recently started shuting down after 3 - 5 min. calls. This starts happening after my battery is 3/4 - 1/2 full. I have tryed 2 new batteries and with the new batteries the phone will sut down after the first call regardless of the batteries being fully charged or not, and no matter how long the call was. Has anyone run across this or have any suggestions? I am ready to scrap this phone and it is just out of waranty.  HELP!!

PS: All of the batteries seem to have a slight bulge in the middle. It also makes no sense that the old battery woks the logest and the best.

Message Edited by Shanephartness on 06-29-2009 10:34 AM
Elite I
cathlabnurse
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Phone shuts down after 3-5 Min calls

Welc:smileyhappy:me to the c:smileyhappy:mmunity supp:smileyhappy:rt f:smileyhappy:rums

What OS are you using?  

Go to your options Icon then ABOUT.... third line down 4.x.xx

:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: Nurse-Berry :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310

Hi,  I have the same problem.  After being connected for about 3 minutes (on my Blackberry Curve 8310, v 4.5.0.81), it starts to hum in the background for about 20 seconds and then dies.

It is now happening randomly from any application, not just the phone - BUT it always happens when I am making a call.

It takes a Battery removing hard reset, or to plug it into the charger to restart.  My battery appears to be charged, without issues.

Hope one of you experts can help.

Thanks

New Contributor
Shanephartness
My Device: 8320

The version of software is 4.5.081
only1paradyce
My Device: Not Specified

I'm also having the same problem...I too am ready to throw this phone out the window...It began about a month ago...I've changed out phones and still the issue is there...I'm using OS 4.5...Can anyone find a solution to this or is the phone no good?
JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You've had two BlackBerrys do this same thing? Not good.

When you exchanged the BlackBerrys, were you required to keep and use again the same battery, or were you given a new battery with the second device?

Also, what OS is on your device?  Look at Options > About, third line down beginning with a "v.4.xxx"

And, what is your exact model number at Options > About?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Amrickha
My Device: Pearl 8100

I am having the same problem, can anyone help???

my storm1 dies after a 2 minute call - even when the battery is full, a call comes in and withing 2 mins the phone shuts itself off and sometimes restarts with the battery icon red, I get a message saying the battery is too low for radio signal. I don't have any apps running in the background, I ensure that the phone is locked so that the backlight goes off. Still it dies - any help please!!!!

New Contributor
kbushmclean
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G

The batteryb is bulged, which stops it from working properly. I have the same problem but my phone calls only last 45 seconds or so. 

My problem is that it is my phone that is causing the battery to bulge, not the battery.  

New Contributor
Amrickha
My Device: Pearl 8100

Why does it seem like no one's making any suggestions to this problem???  Will one of the experts please step in and help with this...

JSanders
Solutions: 6,030
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Why has no one responded?

1. Probably because you revived a thread that is over 28 months old.... more than two years.

Those OLD threads don't always get noticed when updated with a new post.

2. The original issue in the thread was not about a Storm. You have a Storm, and you're posting in a Curve section of the forum. VERY different operating systems.

Amrickha wrote:

I am having the same problem, can anyone help???

my storm1 dies after a 2 minute call - even when the battery is full, a call comes in and withing 2 mins the phone shuts itself off and sometimes restarts with the battery icon red, I get a message saying the battery is too low for radio signal. I don't have any apps running in the background, I ensure that the phone is locked so that the backlight goes off. Still it dies - any help please!!!!

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code