Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ktabi83
My Device: curve 8530
Accepted Solution

Phone switched off by itself, now wont turn back on & red light is flashing

My phone phone turn off by itself about 3 hrs ago.  It will not turn back on, the icd light is flashing red.  Seems like to me it's flashing 2 longer flashes then 2 small one straight away.  Continuously repeats this with 20/30 seconds between each.  I have tried plugging it into my laptop but is not connected.  I am OK with computer but not great so if someone can help me?..... Simple or well explained answer would help me lol.  Thanks Katie.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,988
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Phone switched off by itself, now wont turn back on & red light is flashing

Try this first...

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If that doesn't do anything for you... If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ktabi83

OK, thankx. Will try it now & see how i get on.

New Contributor
ktabi83

I tried taking battery off while connected with the USB bt didnt work.  So i  copy & pasted the link for the application loader wizard but when in "Connection" the drop down menu was clear, empty!  Please can you help me further?

JSanders

keep trying it again.

Plug the USB cable in the device and then run the cmd line file and see what happens.

This process is pretty good at saving devices. Be patient and try it with the battery in, and with the battery out.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
ktabi83

[ Edited ]

Took battery out and now in the drop down menu it only has USB-PIN:XXXXXXXX not USB-PIN:UNKNOWN.   Thought id try that option then selecting next, the next sceen there were nothing 2 select & couldn't click on next.   Tried it a few times & the same thing kept happening. Then before finishing this post I put the battery back in & my phone come back alive & is now re-booting :-)  not sure what happened as I didn't complete any steps but what that matter as it has now re-booted & is back 2 normal.  Thank you so much for your help, very appreciated Katie.

EDIT: Personal Information Removed - Information such as PIN is prohibited for security purposes.

JSanders

You are very welcome.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
jwaghela
My Device: Curve 9220

Hi

I have tried all the steps...working perfectly fine..just stuck at one point. After selecting USB:UNKNOWN and clicking next, it asks for my password, which I entered and clicked next. But after that it restarts... and asks for the password again...please help?