Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
datboytaz
My Device: Not Specified

Phone turns off ringer on its own & I can't turn back on! Plz Read!

This phone has actually been more headaches then it was worth so far. I'm actually have a couple problems with this thing, all related to the sound/ringer. For some reason for the past month all on its own it'll just turn off my ringer somehow, but when I go into the profile, nothing has changed. It still says vibrate & tone are on. The ringer is still set the way I want it, but it doesn't do any kind of sound when it gets called or texts/pics, will only vibrate. Does that twice, then nothing, no ring, no matter how many times I go into the profiles & change the settings (with saving it), or even change profile from loud to normal to off & so on. Even taking the battery out doesn't do a reset everytime. Plus I'm getting tired of having to take the battery out cause I then have to take of the hard plastic case on it & always end up cracking it so have to spend another $5 for a new one, but thats a different thread on how to open a case.

The second problem is probably related to the first one, but her goes. When I do go into the ringer profiles, when I scroll to a new song/sound for a ringer, it doesn't play a preview of what it is anymore, so I know I screwed something up somewhere.

How do I get this stupid thing to start ringing again? Actually I just tested the alarm & that doesn't even work correctly, no sound. Am I somehow hitting a button when I silence, ignore the call since I don't press the red hang up button? Any and all help it greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
love2012
My Device: blackberry torch

Re: Phone turns off ringer on its own & I can't turn back on! Plz Read!

how do i turn ringer back on

Please use plain text.
Violets1
My Device: curve 8630

Re: Phone turns off ringer on its own & I can't turn back on! Plz Read!

Me Too, Help!!! it just started today and is driving me crazy , some one please help!!!!!!

Please use plain text.